- Table View
- List View
Child assessment and treatment is complicated by numerous factors: developmental variables, how and where symptoms are expressed, and the different ways that parents and teachers may perceive and define problem behavior. The clinician's task is further compounded when clients are culturally diverse children and adolescents dealing with multiple social stressors. Now in a revised and updated second edition, this volume guides mental health practitioners in conducting culturally competent, effective work with economically disadvantaged youngsters from African American, Asian American, Latino, and Native American backgrounds. From distinguished clinicians and educators Ian A. Canino and the late Jeanne Spurlock, the new second edition is sure to succeed its predecessor as a widely used clinical resource and text.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.