- Table View
- List View
Most matter in the Universe, from the deep interior of planets to the core of stars, is at high temperature or high pressure compared to the matter of our ordinary experience. This book offers a comprehensive introduction to the basic physical theory on matter at such extreme conditions and the mathematical modeling techniques involved in numerical simulations of its properties and behavior. Focusing on computational modeling, the book discusses topics such as the basic properties of dense plasmas; ionization physics; the physical mechanisms by which laser light is absorbed in matter; radiation transport in matter; the basics of hydrodynamics and shock-wave formation and propagation; and numerical simulation of radiation-hydrodynamics phenomenology. End-of-chapter exercises allow the reader to test their understanding of the material and introduce additional physics, making this an invaluable resource for researchers and graduate students in this broad and interdisciplinary area of physics.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.