- Table View
- List View
In 1992, Jeff and Kristi Leeland's infant son, Michael, needed a bone marrow transplant. It cost $200,000 they didn't have. That's when Dameon, the most picked-on kid in the junior high where Jeff taught, emptied his bank account and handed Jeff twelve $5 bills to help save Michael's life. Other students rallied behind Dameon's $60 donation of hope--and a community rallied behind them. In less than four weeks, they raised over $227,000 for Michael's life-saving transplant.Sometimes it's the small who are mighty and the young who are wise....Kids will do heroic things when they have heroic things to do. Out of the Leelands' experience came Sparrow Clubs USA, an organization of kids helping kids in medical need. Each child helped by Sparrow Clubs faces a battle for life, and yet each of these sparrows lives with a vibrant courage. Taking you into the communities that became sanctuaries of love for families in need, A Thousand Small Sparrows will revive your hope in the Father heart of a God who cares. This is a book about the power of compassion that can change the world--one sparrow at a time.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.