Surfing and murder come together in this dazzling debut mystery series featuring San Diego private investigator Noah Braddock. "Marilyn Crier peered in the window, and I knew the past was about to kick me in the ass. "When Marilyn Crier calls surfer-cum-private investigator Noah Braddock, she doesn't mention that she hasn't seen him in more than a decade or that she'd despised him when he dated her daughter, Kate, in high school. She does, however, mention that Kate is missing and she wants Noah to find her. . . . And so begins Killer Swell, the first book in a new mystery series featuring private investigator/surfer Noah Braddock. Author Jeff Shelby knows the surfing world and how to create a wonderfully authentic, vividly alive sense of place. Most of all, he knows how to create a memorable new hero: a man who is sometimes brash, often funny, always strong, and honorable. With Killer Swell, Shelby carves out a place for himself next to the likes of Randy Wayne White, T. Jefferson Parker, and Carl Hiaasen. Crisp writing, rich details, and an amazing main character make Killer Swella truly thrilling debut.
The third novel in the Noah Braddock series! Private eye Noah Braddock has finally found peace in his once tumultuous relationship with Detective Liz Santangelo and has called a tentative truce with his alcoholic mother, Carolina. So when lawyer Darcy Gill demands that he look into a hopeless death row case, he's more interested in catching some waves before San Diego's rare winter weather takes hold. Then Darcy plays her trump card: the man scheduled to die#151;convicted of killing two men in cold blood#151;is the father Noah never knew.
Noah Braddock is just living from wave to wave, catching a nice break from his private eye business. So when Peter Pluto asks Noah to look for his missing younger brother, Linc, Noah takes the case reluctantly-and quickly finds out that Linc is not your average undergrad. Aided by his friend Carter and a beautiful Rastafarian coed, Noah discovers that Linc stole some money from a white supremacist group. The skinheads will stop at nothing to find Linc-and when Noah wakes up at the bottom of a canyon, beaten and bruised, with a corpse lying next to him, he realizes he's next on their list... and in for the ride of his life.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.