- Table View
- List View
Primary Source Readings in World Religions provides your students with the opportunity to read foundational texts from the major world religions. Through understanding other religions we can create an atmosphere of genuine respect and honest discussion. You will find portions of the foundational texts and teachings of a wide variety of world religions, including Islam Shinto Confucianism Sikhism Judaism Hinduism Taoism Christianity Buddhism
The book highlights recent events in the history of these traditions and helps eleventh- and twelfth-graders understand the people, dimensions, and religious principles of the world's major religions.
This text outlines the basic beliefs and practices of the major religions of the world, taking a comparative approach to identify the distinctive elements of the various religions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.