Diagnostic imaging is an essential component in the evaluation of the patient with known or suspected respiratory tract disease. While chest radiography continues to serve as the primary tool for imaging the chest, advances in computed tomography (CT) have led to a variety of applications such as high-resolution CT (HRCT), advanced 3-D airway imaging, and image-guided procedures. The aim of this book is to deliver a clinically-oriented approach to pulmonary imaging. Each chapter of the book will provide an organized approach to the different facets of imaging of specific clinical scenarios, focusing on strengths and weaknesses of available imaging tests. High quality examples of typical imaging findings of specific conditions will supplement the text. The target readers include practicing internists, pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, and primary care practitioners. Other readers will include respiratory care therapists and medical students. The proposed cohort of authors represents experts in the field of thoracic radiology. These authors have experience in thoracic radiology and medical writing, each will deliver a high-quality chapter meeting the aims and scope of this book while addressing the target audience. Aside from the first three chapters, which are introductory materials, each author will be invited to select a clinician with whom they work closely to serve as a co-author in order to provide a chapter that maintains the clinical orientation of this book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.