Showing 1 through 1 of 1 results
Jeffrey P. Kanne
Diagnostic imaging is an essential component in the evaluation of the patient with known or suspected respiratory tract disease. While chest radiography continues to serve as the primary tool for imaging the chest, advances in computed tomography (CT) have led to a variety of applications such as high-resolution CT (HRCT), advanced 3-D airway imaging, and image-guided procedures.
The aim of this book is to deliver a clinically-oriented approach to pulmonary imaging. Each chapter of the book will provide an organized approach to the different facets of imaging of specific clinical scenarios, focusing on strengths and weaknesses of available imaging tests. High quality examples of typical imaging findings of specific conditions will supplement the text.
The target readers include practicing internists, pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, and primary care practitioners. Other readers will include respiratory care therapists and medical students. The proposed cohort of authors represents experts in the field of thoracic radiology. These authors have experience in thoracic radiology and medical writing, each will deliver a high-quality chapter meeting the aims and scope of this book while addressing the target audience. Aside from the first three chapters, which are introductory materials, each author will be invited to select a clinician with whom they work closely to serve as a co-author in order to provide a chapter that maintains the clinical orientation of this book.
Showing 1 through 1 of 1 results
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading
tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.
See and hear words read aloud
Listen to books with audio only
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice
installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only
mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading
tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without
downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation
required). Other browsers can be used with limited features.
Read in Braille
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona
pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed.
Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using
the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter,
section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.