- Table View
- List View
Puts a human face on the study of Abnormal Psychology, now with DSM-5 coverage throughout. Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World, 9/e uses first-person narratives from people struggling with psychological disorders as a pedagogical framework. Updated to reflect the revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5), the authors endeavor to bring research developments and advancements in abnormal psychology to students. Through illustrative case examples drawn from the authors' own experiences, they recognize there is a human dimension to the study of abnormal psychology. The 9th edition includes coverage of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5), with updated text references and examples throughout. MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Nevid / Rathus / Greene program. Key learning applications include MyPsychLab video series with new virtual case studies. Teaching & Learning Experience This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience - for you and your students. Here's how: Personalize Learning - MyPsychLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance. Explore Theory -- Integrating Theoretical Perspectives -- The authors examine the many different theoretical perspectives that inform contemporary understanding of abnormal psychology and help students integrate these diverse viewpoints in the Tying it Together feature. Improve Critical Thinking -- Controversies in Abnormal Psychology-- Spotlighting controversies encourages students to think critically about these important issues and examine different points of view. The Controversies in Abnormal Psychology feature includes several critical thinking questions that challenge students to think further about the issues discussed in the text. Understand Diversity -- Integrating Diversity -- The authors examine abnormal behavior patterns in relation to factors of diversity such as ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. Students need to understand how issues of diversity affect the conceptualization of abnormal behavior as well as the diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders. Engage Students -- A Closer Look-- Provides opportunities for further exploration of selected topics that reflect contemporary issues and concerns. Many of these enable students to apply information in the text to their own lives. Support Instructors -- A full set of supplements, including MyPsychLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need. 0205965016 / 9780205965014 Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205961711 / 9780205961719 Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World .
Detailed discussion of human sexuality.
Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity, 8e examines the rich diversity found in human sexuality and helps students develop their own opinions by promoting critical thinking skills, personal sexual health awareness, and responsible decision-making. Firmly rooted in science, the text systematically encourages students to apply the research to their own lives.
PSYCHOLOGY: CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS, 3rd Edition, uses a unique, proven learning system that makes it easier and more enjoyable for you to learn what you need to learn'and succeed in your psychology course. Author Jeff Nevid provides a broad view of psychology that includes history, major theories, research methods, and research findings as well as applications of contemporary research to the challenges you face in everyday life. The text's modular format organizes each chapter into manageable units that help you focus on one topic at a time within the context of a larger chapter structure. Concept signaling'a technique that highlights key concepts in the text margins'helps you extract the main points from the narrative. As you read, key concepts are reinforced through additional features, such as Concept Charts, Module Reviews, and Visual Overviews, which have proven to significantly improve students' retention of material and performance in class.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.