- Table View
- List View
Hundreds of useful ideas for meeting the needs of each child The Differentiated Instruction Book of Lists is the definitive reference for DI for teachers in grades K-12. Ready for immediate use, it offers over 150 up-to-date lists for developing instructional materials, lesson planning, and assessment. Organized into 12 convenient sections, the book is full of practical examples, teaching ideas, and activities that can be used or adapted to meet students' diverse needs. Coverage includes curriculum design, lesson planning, instructional strategies, assessment, classroom management, strategies by subject area (from Language Arts to Math to Physical Education), new media, etc. Offers an easy-to-use guide that gives quick tips and methods to plan effectively for delivering truly differentiated lessons Filled with helpful DI lists, lesson plans, strategies, assessments, and more Jennifer Fox is the author of the bestselling book Your Child's Strengths The Differentiated Instruction Book of Lists is a hands-on guide for meeting the instructional needs of all students so that they can reach their full potential.
With this groundbreaking work, renowned educator Jenifer Fox argues against the flawed and maddening paradigm that "fixing"kids' weaknesses is the way to achieve success. Rather, Fox promotes focusing on kids' natural inclinations in three interdependent areas: Activity Strengths, Relationship Strengths, and Learning Strengths. Pairing inspiring firsthand accounts of success with practical workbook tools, alongside an outline of the award-winning strengths-based Affinities curriculum Fox has implemented in her own school, Your Child's Strengths is a user-friendly and indispensable guide for parents, teachers, and administrators alike. .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.