- Table View
- List View
This book supplements an introductory psychology text with up-to-date, in-depth information relevant to the IB syllabus.
This book has three purposes. One purpose is to help students see that there are many options available to researchers for investigating behavior and that each method has a specific goal. The second purpose is to introduce students to qualitative research methods: interviewing, observation, and case studies. International Baccalaureate (IB) students taking the Higher Level (HL) course sit for Paper 3, a section of the exam about qualitative research. I weave headings throughout the chapters on qualitative research that correspond to Paper 3 learning outcomes. These IB learning outcomes are relevant for any psychology student. The third purpose is to teach students how to design a simple experiment and analyze the data. Students taking the International Baccalaureate and/or Advanced Placement exams in psychology will find what they need in this book. Research methods are probably the most difficult part of these exams. Introductory texts do not usually provide enough depth, while the typical college-level research methods books are too complicated, sometimes even for a college student's first experience with methodology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.