- Table View
- List View
This book supplements an introductory psychology text with up-to-date, in-depth information relevant to the IB syllabus.
This book has three purposes. One purpose is to help students see that there are many options available to researchers for investigating behavior and that each method has a specific goal. The second purpose is to introduce students to qualitative research methods: interviewing, observation, and case studies. International Baccalaureate (IB) students taking the Higher Level (HL) course sit for Paper 3, a section of the exam about qualitative research. I weave headings throughout the chapters on qualitative research that correspond to Paper 3 learning outcomes. These IB learning outcomes are relevant for any psychology student. The third purpose is to teach students how to design a simple experiment and analyze the data. Students taking the International Baccalaureate and/or Advanced Placement exams in psychology will find what they need in this book. Research methods are probably the most difficult part of these exams. Introductory texts do not usually provide enough depth, while the typical college-level research methods books are too complicated, sometimes even for a college student's first experience with methodology.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.