- Table View
- List View
Over the last decade, a vegan diet has become a more mainstream choice; food allergies have been increasing at alarming rates; and celiac disease is on everyone's radar. When owner Jennifer Katzinger opened The Flying Apron Bakery in 2002, she wanted to accommodate more people, as well as use healthier ingredients so she eliminated gluten, dairy, egg, soy, and wheat. The mouthwatering result? Cakes and muffins with a tender crumb, cookies with a chewy bite, frosting that's light yet satisfyingly sweet, and pastry that flakes at the touch of a fork. In Flying Apron's Gluten-Free and Vegan Baking Book, Katzinger shares the delicious secrets of her sweet and savory recipes. Bake yummy pastries like Blueberry Cinnamon Scones and Lemon Poppy Seed muffins, or whip up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies, or Cardamom Spice Cupcakes. In more than 80 recipes, Katzinger offers satisfying treats, whether you're transitioning to a vegan or gluten-free diet, or simply wanting to indulge a sweet tooth using healthier ingredients.
Jennifer Katzinger makes baking artisanal gluten-free and vegan breads at home simple. This cookbook contains recipes for yeasted breads, fougasse, flatbreads, sweet breads, sourdough, quick breads, savory breads, sandwich breads. More than 60 recipes, including Country Baguette, Cinnamon Pecan Rolls, Kalamata Olive Bread, Simple Focaccia, Quinoa Crackers, Matzo Flatbread, Walnut Wild Rice Bread, Quick Anadama Bread, Irish Soda Bread, Cranberry Pecan Bread, and fifty others . . .
Entertaining friends and family can be a challenge when you're vegan and gluten-free. It can be even trickier when you're not but a family member or close friend is. So what do you do when you want to prepare a gluten-free and vegan holiday dinner for eight? Turn to Gluten-Free and Vegan Holidays for help! Jennifer Katzinger author of the popular Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book makes celebrating the holidays simple and stylish with seventy delicious satisfying recipes for our most cherished holidays. Here you'll find both sweet and savory gluten-free and vegan menus for Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner for two for springtime Easter and Passover celebrations a 4th of July picnic and many more. Whether you're gluten-free and vegan or not you'll please the ones you love with these simple yet sophisticated and pleasing menus.
Dig into this delicious collection of more than 55 gluten-free and vegan pie recipes that rival in taste any "regular" pie out there. Home-baked pie, fresh from the oven, is practically an American tradition. Who doesn't love it? But baking your favorite pies without dairy, eggs, gluten, or animal products calls for a different approach to both fillings and dough. Here you'll find techniques and tips for mixing and working with dough that doesn't contain butter or lard, and for luscious fillings that contain neither cream nor egg. With an emphasis on popular sweet pies such as banana cream pie, blueberry maple, pumpkin chiffon, and traditional apple, and with more than a dozen recipes for various kinds of pie crusts, this cookbook is a must for any pie lover, especially those with gluten-free or vegan diets.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.