- Table View
- List View
Romance at Your Fingertips In the tradition of the phenomenally successful The Woman's Comfort Book, Jennifer Louden brings her masterful sustenance skills to this creative guide filled with ways for couples to stay connected in a busy world. With playful rituals and reliable recipes for making the most of your time together, this is the comprehensive compendium of coupledom.
We all yearn to have time for personal needs and creative dreams -- after all, this is our life to make the most of. And we all know how hard it is to remember what really matters. With distractions from jobs, aging parents, and children -- not to mention women's perennial fear of being labeled "selfish" -- following our own desires and dreams can become ever more elusive. The Life Organizer aims to help you shift your focus, augmenting traditional goal setting with the ease that comes from steady inner listening and mindfulness. It will become your trusted companion -- and maybe the most important book you'll ever own.
With the wit, humor, and style that have made her Comfort Book series so popular, new mother Jennifer Louden brings her expertise to the wonderful world of pregnancy. From the blissful moments to the panic attacks, Louden guides women through the precarious emotional terrain of pregnancy and early motherhood with exercises, tips, and advice on a range of subjects including: your changing body image and self-esteem fears about your relationship with your partner a rational approach to eating (and eating and eating) dream exploration and the creation of a pregnancy comfort journal the joyous--and chaotic first months of motherhood and much more! This insightful, practical, and very comforting guide will speak to first-time and experienced mothers alike with this simple but vital message: taking care of yourself during pregnancy lays the groundwork for healthy and happy motherhood.
With over 200 prescriptions for giving yourself a break, this book helps the reader to sort out guilty feelings about self-nurture and to define her comfort/self-nurture needs. In this book the author delivers a host of creative and comforting programmes like the self-care schedule, creative selfishness, creating a comfort network, body delights, a personal sanctuary, the comfort journal, bathing pleasures and comfort rituals. Organised by topic and cross-referenced throughout, this guidebook is designed to appeal to women of all ages. The new edition has been revised and updated for modern women.
A Do-It-Yourself Retreat Book from the Author of The Woman's Comfort Book Do you yearn for time to rest, dream, listen, grieve, celebrate, stretch, or just be? Then you -- like most women today -- need to retreat: to make time to get away from it all and reconnect with yourself. With the wit, humor, and style that have made her Comfort Book series so popular, comfort queen and modern-day pioneer of women's well-being Jennifer Louden offers a practical and inspirational handbook -- the first to focus on the needs and stresses of women -- that walks you step-by-step through planning and savoring a self-led retreat. Easy-to-do practices and encouraging insights help you: Find the time to retreat whenever and wherever you are Decide whether to retreat at home or away, solo or with others Separate from daily concerns Counter fear, guilt, and boredom Reenter ordinary life renewed A wise and useful sourcebook of ideas and inspiration, The Woman's Retreat Book can be turned to again and again, whenever you feel the need to retreat.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.