The Cloak Society: An elite organization of supervillains graced with extraordinary powers. Ten years ago the Cloak Society was defeated by Sterling City's superheroes, the Rangers of Justice, and vanished without a trace. But the villains have been waiting for the perfect moment to resurface. . . . Twelve-year-old Alex Knight is a dedicated junior member of Cloak who has spent years mastering his telekinetic superpowers and preparing for the day when Cloak will rise to power again. Cloak is everything he believes in. But during his debut mission, Alex does the unthinkable: He saves the life of a Junior Ranger of Justice. Even worse . . . she becomes his friend. And the more time he spends with her, the more Alex wonders what, exactly, he's been fighting for.
The Cloak Society has risen and heroes will fall in the epic conclusion to the Cloak Society series--a thrilling middle grade trilogy that's perfect for fans of the Alex Rider Adventures and the 39 Clues.The Cloak Society has finally risen to power--by posing as the saviors of Sterling City. As long as the people believe Cloak's lies, Alex and his friends are all that stand in the way of total Cloak domination. But to bring Cloak to justice, Alex must make a final stand against his parents, his past, and the life of supervillainy he's always known.Praised by Publishers Weekly for its "rapid-fire, comic book-style action" and by School Library Journal for having "the same wide appeal as Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books," the Cloak Society trilogy delivers high-stakes battles, extraordinary superpowers, and an original twist on the superhero stories readers know and love. Can a villain ever truly become a hero? In this explosive series finale, the stakes are higher than ever--and the answer will be decided once and for all.
The explosive sequel to The Cloak Society, which School Library Journal declared "will likely find the same wide appeal as Rick Riordans Percy Jackson books. "Alex Knight was raised as one of the Cloak Societys most fiercely loyal junior supervillains. He proudly dedicated himself to this elite organization--until he met Kirbie. A junior member of the Rangers of Justice, Kirbie opened Alexs eyes to Cloaks true mission. Now, Alex is determined to bring Cloak down. And theres no time to lose. The Cloak Society has just pulled off the greatest takedown in Sterling Citys history. Justice Tower is in ruins. And the citys superheroes, the Rangers of Justice, have vanished. Alex and Kirbies only hope for defeating Cloak is to bring together the Junior Rangers and the other junior Cloak members who have turned their back on their former leaders. But after years of hatred and enmity, fighting for the same side is easier said than done.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.