- Table View
- List View
Class Acts is your hall pass to great kids' books! In this sampler, New York Times bestselling authors Tim Green (Football Genius), Dan Gutman (The Genius Files), Gordon Korman (Ungifted), Adam Rex (The Cold Cereal Saga), and Jon Scieszka (Guys Read) are teaming up with other stellar middle-grade authors: Bryan Chick (The Secret Zoo), Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson (The Familiars), Christopher Healy (The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom), Nils Johnson-Shelton (Otherworld Chronicles), Jeramey Kraatz (The Cloak Society), Christopher Krovatin (Gravediggers), and Maryrose Wood (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place). Preview twelve awesome books, get hooked on favorite series, and decide for yourself which author is "best in class."
The Cloak Society: An elite organization of supervillains graced with extraordinary powers. Ten years ago the Cloak Society was defeated by Sterling City's superheroes, the Rangers of Justice, and vanished without a trace. But the villains have been waiting for the perfect moment to resurface. . . . Twelve-year-old Alex Knight is a dedicated junior member of Cloak who has spent years mastering his telekinetic superpowers and preparing for the day when Cloak will rise to power again. Cloak is everything he believes in. But during his debut mission, Alex does the unthinkable: He saves the life of a Junior Ranger of Justice. Even worse . . . she becomes his friend. And the more time he spends with her, the more Alex wonders what, exactly, he's been fighting for.
The explosive sequel to The Cloak Society, which School Library Journal declared "will likely find the same wide appeal as Rick Riordans Percy Jackson books. "Alex Knight was raised as one of the Cloak Societys most fiercely loyal junior supervillains. He proudly dedicated himself to this elite organization--until he met Kirbie. A junior member of the Rangers of Justice, Kirbie opened Alexs eyes to Cloaks true mission. Now, Alex is determined to bring Cloak down. And theres no time to lose. The Cloak Society has just pulled off the greatest takedown in Sterling Citys history. Justice Tower is in ruins. And the citys superheroes, the Rangers of Justice, have vanished. Alex and Kirbies only hope for defeating Cloak is to bring together the Junior Rangers and the other junior Cloak members who have turned their back on their former leaders. But after years of hatred and enmity, fighting for the same side is easier said than done.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.