- Table View
- List View
In 2012 Jeremy Vine clocks up a quarter of a century at the BBC. In his time, he's dodged bullets at the frontline, wrestled with the swing-o-meter and interrogated Prime Ministers. But it wasn't always like that. In It's All News to Me, Jeremy takes a wry look back over his career and what those 25 years have taught him - about the BBC, the world and perhaps even himself. He takes us from the world of regional newspapers and manual typewriters through a BBC traineeship and beyond as he recounts the story of his big break on the Today programme - being shot at by a sniper in Croatia - and of equally scary moments sparring with the likes of Alastair Campbell and Peter Mandelson during the Blair years. He reflects on the life-changing experience of his time as BBC Africa correspondent at the turn of the millennium; and his subsequent return to the UK to present Newsnight - when the press helpfully dubbed him Paxman's "mini-me". He also explains what it's like to present Radio 2's lunchtime show and build a relationship with 6million listeners - people who, as he puts it "have better stories than we do. " Written in Jeremy's unmistakably lively and self-deprecating voice, It's All News to Me paints a vivid picture of what it's like to be trapped inside the BBC for 25 years and the frustrations, excitements - and occasionally crazy moments - that it brings. But more than that, Jeremy examines our obsession with news, tries to pin down just exactly how and why it happens, and celebrates the triumph of real life stories over the journalist's desire to shape them.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.