- Table View
- List View
Hurt No More No one who works at a computer or drives a car will be surprised to learn that neck pain is on the rise. About 70 million people in the United States have had neck pain, and the incidence is increasing. Like back pain, neck pain can become a constant plague that is both mysterious and difficult to treat. Here at last is help. In What to Do for a Pain in the Neck, one of today's leading experts on neck pain provides a broad range of treatments and preventive measures so that you do not have to learn how to live with pain -- you can banish it. Combining his own extensive experience with the best scientific information available, Dr. Jerome Schofferman presents strategies ranging from such simple tips as rearranging your desk, workstation, and computer height to daily exercise routines to aggressive treatments requiring professional care. Among the areas he explores in depth are Potential causes of neck pain Neck-related headaches Whiplash (including the effects of litigation on the rate of recovery) What to expect from a chiropractor or physical therapist Over-the-counter and prescription pain medications Acupuncture, meditation, magnet healing, massage, and other complementary therapies First aid for intermittent flare-ups
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.