- Table View
- List View
See the world through the eyes of some of the most celebrated and admired people of our time in this engaging new travel book. Award-winning author and National Geographic Traveler writer Jerry Camarillo Dunn takes you on a remarkable journey with such amazing and diverse figures as Sandra Day O'Connor and the Dalai Lama, actors Robin Williams and Morgan Freeman, astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Sally Ride, explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau, real estate mogul Donald Trump, entertainer Jerry Seinfeld, food guru Alice Waters, and author Tony Hillerman. His simple question to these people: What is your favorite travel discovery? The answers are both surprising and engaging--ranging from Bali Indonesia to a well-used bench at San Francisco's Crissy Field, from the Hopi Mesas in Arizona to the Old City of Jerusalem. In page after page, celebrated contributors describe the special appeal of each place--be it the amazing beauty, or the character of the people, or simply the hushed joy of solitude.To enhance the stories further, Dunn scoured the files of National Geographic to create sidebars full of intriguing information about each place--and even steers you to websites that tell how you can visit them yourself. But the real allure is the entertaining narrative, inviting readers to experience the excitement of traveling with these celebrated personalities to their favorite places on Earth.For a complete list of contributing authors and more information, visit the author's website at www.myfavoriteplacenatgeo.com.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.