- Table View
- List View
Teaching Struggling and At-Risk Readers: A Direct Instruction Approach is designed to provide specific information to assist educators in being effective teachers of reading with all of their students. This three-part book provides information on incorporating instructional design and delivery principles into daily instruction for students at the beginning and primary stages of reading. It discusses: Structuring initial teaching procedures so teaching presentations are clear and foster a high degree of interaction between teachers and students. Using language and demonstration techniques that can be understood by all students. Sequencing the instruction of reading content to ensure essential skills and knowledge are taught in an aligned and coherent manner. Using techniques that provide adequate practice and review for students in developing high levels of fluency and accuracy.
Expressive Writing helps students learn to express ideas by writing sentences, paragraphs and stories that articulate precisely what the writer wishes to say. The program addresses essential skills with four instructional strands - mechanics, sentence writing, paragraph and story writing and editing. Use Expressive Writing 2 for students who are ready to learn to: write and correctly punctuate compound and complex sentences; produce paragraphs with a topic sentence, supporting details and a conclusion; edit consistently for punctuation, tense and unclear pronouns; revise to improve structure, coherence and clarity.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.