- Table View
- List View
This research-based book on assessment and instruction of struggling readers covers both assessment and instructional strategies and reflects a balanced view of literacy instruction. Four complete chapters on formal and informal assessment, plus chapters on instructional interventions, including reading instruction for special populations, allow professors the option of using the book for one inclusive course, or, using it across two courses where diagnosis and instruction are taught separately.
This book teaches how to spell correctly and improve spelling in writing.
Word hunting is simple--you hunt for words you need to know how to spell. You hunt words in your writing, words in your reading, and words that interest you. Good word hunters find words or spelling patterns they use often but cannot spell.
When you write a word in Words I Need to Know How to Spell, make sure you check the spelling carefully.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.