- Table View
- List View
THE BLACK DINOSAURS TO THE RESCUE! Ziggy, Rashawn, Jerome, and Rico are excited about watching the heavy machinery at the construction site for a new apartment complex -- until a doe is killed by a dump truck, and the boys rescue her orphaned fawn. Suddenly they realize what the destruction of their habitat means to the animals in the area. So they decide to stage a neighborhood animal show to raise money for the local wildlife rescue center, with the adorable fawn they've named Dino as the star attraction. After all, they've managed round-the-clock feedings and cleaning up after Dino; how much trouble can their friends' cats, dogs, and hamsters be?
DEM BONES GONNA RISE AGAIN With their neighborhood basketball court destroyed by vandalism, Ziggy, Rashawn, Jerome, and Rico don't know how they're going to spend summer vacation. Then Ziggy has a brilliant idea (Ziggy is always getting brilliant ideas) they can start a club, with secret meetings and code words and special treasures. And so the four friends become the Black Dinosaurs, with a terrific clubhouse they build in Ziggy's backyard. But when the boys try to hide their treasures, they're swept up in a mystery more intriguing -- and scary -- than anything they could have imagined. Who could have buried a box of bones behind their clubhouse? And why is old Mr. Greene lurking around late at night, singing "Dem bones gonna rise again"? Trust Ziggy to come up with a daring plan to find some answers.... DON'T MISS ANY OF THE EXCITING ADVENTURES OF THE BLACK DINOSAURS
Ziggy, Rashawn, Jerome, and Rico -- the Black Dinosaurs -- are thrilled to discover that their hometown was a stop on the Underground Railroad. Even more exciting, their new friend Mr. Greene has given them an old map that shows a secret passage, dating back to the days of the Railroad, right under their own school! How can the Black Dinosaurs resist making plans to check it out? When a trapdoor slams behind them, locking them in the tunnel, there's only one thing they can do -- plunge deeper and deeper into the darkness. Where will the tunnel lead them? And will the old, crumbling walls hold until they find their way to the end?
LOST! Ziggy and his Black Dinosaur pals are excited about their overnight camping trip to Caesar's Creek State Park -- it was named after an ex-slave who later became a Shawnee chief! Their camping counselor is descended from Caesar, and she fills the campers' imaginations with intriguing but sometimes spooky stories about her ancestor and Shawnee legends and traditions. So when Ziggy and his friends discover an old canoe in some bushes by the lake, they decide to sneak outside at night and test their courage like Shawnee youth in their manhood ceremonies. But Shawnee youth probably wouldn't have found themselves drifting in the middle of the lake with their paddles still on shore, or lost in the woods surrunded by strange noises. Could it be a bear? Or the ancient spirits of their counseor's tales?
The Black Dinosaurs have always explored the past in their adventures, but now they're going into the future -- to Space Camp! They'll learn what weightlessness feels like, what astronauts eat, even how they go to the bathroom! Ziggy, of course, really wants to meet up with aliens -- purple, three-headed, fire-spitting Martians like the ones in his Mega Mighty Martian Blaster game. Ziggy soon discovers that real-life space travel is just as exciting as anything even his active imagination can cook up. Still, he can't help wondering where the mysterious shiny stone he finds might have come from. . . .
The Clubhouse kids compete for a big prize--and make some creative moves--in this repackaged and talent-filled tale from bestselling author Sharon Draper. Ziggy, Jerome, Rashawn, and Rico are sure they're going to win the upcoming school talent show. And the best part? First prize is $200! With great singing and showmanship, the boys are already envisioning all the new upgrades they'll give their clubhouse when they win the prize money. But they didn't count on a little girl with a big, big voice, who just might have what it takes to overcome the Clubhouse kids--and who also needs the money much more than the boys do. Can everyone come out a winner in this contest?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.