- Table View
- List View
Jesse May has the Inside ScoopOn blackjack odds in Curaçao: "Good enough to lay down everything and travel halfway around the world." On the Super Bowl in Las Vegas: "For those in the know it has always taken place in Las Vegas."On slots in Costa Rica: "If you really have to, why don't you just hire someone to shine a flashlight in your eyes and take your wallet."And much more! Jesse May, an intrepid gambler, experienced poker pro, and critically acclaimed writer, has traveled across the country and around the world in search of the hottest gambling action. From sports betting in Costa Rica to high-stakes Vegas poker, from caviar and vodka in Moscow to funnel cakes and submarine sandwiches in Atlantic City, May has tried his hand and his luck at gambling and indulged in the good life across the globe. In The Gambler's Guide to the World, he blends an insightful travel guide with a lively travel narrative to create a totally unique guidebook to the choicest sites in the world.The Gambler's Guide to the World also includes:In-depth gambling advice for both novices and experienced players A glossary of gambling termsHelpful hints on tipping, fashion, etiquette, and moreEntertaining anecdotes from the gambling lifeLoads of details on everything from Internet access to transportation Totally up-front reviews of hotels, restaurants, clubs, and casinos
This truly great novel about the gambling life is awild, stormy trip into the booming casino industry of the 1990s, told by Mickey, an obsessed young poker pro. He's the Cincinnati Kid tricked out for the 90s and his story is poker, brought to life by a cast of shrewd, outlandish characters, all of whom give him a run for his money. Here is a world in which the anarchy of chance comes into cold, hard focus and Mickey navigates his way through it with an unusal combination of guile and and virtue.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.