- Table View
- List View
Jesse May has the Inside ScoopOn blackjack odds in Curaçao: "Good enough to lay down everything and travel halfway around the world." On the Super Bowl in Las Vegas: "For those in the know it has always taken place in Las Vegas."On slots in Costa Rica: "If you really have to, why don't you just hire someone to shine a flashlight in your eyes and take your wallet."And much more! Jesse May, an intrepid gambler, experienced poker pro, and critically acclaimed writer, has traveled across the country and around the world in search of the hottest gambling action. From sports betting in Costa Rica to high-stakes Vegas poker, from caviar and vodka in Moscow to funnel cakes and submarine sandwiches in Atlantic City, May has tried his hand and his luck at gambling and indulged in the good life across the globe. In The Gambler's Guide to the World, he blends an insightful travel guide with a lively travel narrative to create a totally unique guidebook to the choicest sites in the world.The Gambler's Guide to the World also includes:In-depth gambling advice for both novices and experienced players A glossary of gambling termsHelpful hints on tipping, fashion, etiquette, and moreEntertaining anecdotes from the gambling lifeLoads of details on everything from Internet access to transportation Totally up-front reviews of hotels, restaurants, clubs, and casinos
This truly great novel about the gambling life is awild, stormy trip into the booming casino industry of the 1990s, told by Mickey, an obsessed young poker pro. He's the Cincinnati Kid tricked out for the 90s and his story is poker, brought to life by a cast of shrewd, outlandish characters, all of whom give him a run for his money. Here is a world in which the anarchy of chance comes into cold, hard focus and Mickey navigates his way through it with an unusal combination of guile and and virtue.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.