- Table View
- List View
Three Years ago, before thousands of people at the Institute Karma Ling in Savoie, France, the Dalai Lama held a series of presentations expounding on the Four Noble Truths of the Buddha. All Buddhist traditions are rooted in this first enunciation of the teaching (dharma) of the Buddha, which speaks about the reality of suffering, its origin, the opportunity for every person to be healed of suffering, and the practical aspects of this therapy of soul, body, and mind. With wisdom and insight, the Dalai Lama revisits these fundamental truths of Buddhism, and shows us their universal value. His commentary, at once traditional and daring, rational and mystical, ever centered on experience, gives us reason to understand why this exceptional being is called the "Ocean of Wisdom."
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.