- Table View
- List View
Irving and Muktuk are cheating each other at cards when their polar bear friend Larry drops by for a visit. The bears eat cake topped with little fishes that Larry has brought, play a spirited game of volleyball, and afterward chat pleasantly until Larry goes home. "Visits," Irving and Muktuk decide, "are nice."The next evening, when all is quiet at the zoo, the Bad Bears sneak out to pay a refined visit of their own. When they arrive at the home of the Beachball family, things-as usual for the baffled bruins-get out of hand.
When a shipment of imported Italian muffins goes missing, Irving and Muktuk become the key suspects. Everyone knows their weakness for muffins and immediately think they are responsible! Irving and Muktuk realize that in order to clear their smirched names, they have to find the culprit themselves. They disguise themselves, sniff out some clues, interview possible witnesses, and try to find the thief. As with all good mysteries, the clues lead to a surprise ending.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.