- Table View
- List View
Not everything is within our power to control. But, thankfully, some of the most important things are. Beloved author Jill Briscoe shares eight concrete choices that are guaranteed to fill your life with love -- the kind of love that lasts. Based on the "love chapter" of the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13, the choices shared in these pages will give you the power to love not only God and yourself but to infuse love into every relationship in your life. You Can Choose a Life of Lasting Love Choose love through these eight life-empowering choices: 1. The choice to love God 2. The choice to love when love runs out 3. The choice to love those in your church family 4. The choice to love those who drive you up the wall 5. The choice not to love things too much 6. The choice to love when you're provoked 7. The choice to love and trust again 8. The choice to love God up close and personal
Each day presents women with an unending parade of choices. Some are fairly mundane, while others can prove to be life changing. In this new edition of Briscoe's popular book, she addresses the crucial issues that women face on a daily basis. Using the book of James as a model, Briscoe examines the following choices that most women face: To resist pain or to use it To gather wealth or to gather grace To speak wisely or to speak foolishly To value our time or to fritter it away To live for ourselves or to live for the Spirit To develop God's gifts or to waste them To persevere or to protest To stand for truth or to abandon it
This book is designed to be used either for personal Bible study or for group Bible study.
A time comes when we just don't have anything left over to give. We run out of faith, energy, strength, patience, options, peace, joy, ideas, and even love. So when God's call comes knocking and our resources seem thin, we tend to hole up and hide from the needs of others. But that's exactly when God's greatest blessing is within a single step, according to Jill Briscoe. He's asking us to obey, senseless as it may seem. The Holy Spirit's empowerment comes when we step into the forward motion of God's love flowing through us - not backwards into our comfortable shell! Running on Empty? You know what it's like to feel drained. Out of steam. Out of options and ideas. God has given us what we need to fill up when we run low. It's the incredible gift of Himself. In this engaging book, Jill Briscoe guides you to a source of ample sustenance. Even as you empty yourself, the Holy Spirit will fill you. And in giving yourself away, you will find life. From the Hardcover edition.
Twin Towers Down, New Hope on the Rise When the Twin Towers fell, a whole new world of fear and doubt emerged. "Where is God in all of this?" we ask. To be constantly on guard against terrorist attacks, not to mention crises that hit us on a personal level, is exhausting. But in the midst of this "new normal" world of fear, one thing remains the same: God still reigns. While we may be tempted to turn to food, shopping, busyness, even family, God is the only answer we can count on. He is our source for peace, comfort, and confidence in the midst of chaos. Jill Briscoe encourages the hurting and weary to run unencumbered into the arms of God. And this all-encompassing peace that may seem so elusive right now will become yours to stay. Escape Fear Expand Faith Embrace the Future Where is God in the midst of our world's catastrophic events? Where is God in the midst of our deepest pain? We may think we're getting along with God, until a 9/11 happens. Global or personal, tragedy wreaks havoc on our souls. How are you supposed to trust the One letting it all happen? The New Normalwon't give you pat answers. But it will guide you to a place of security in the face of inexplicable calamity. By being honest about your anxieties, willing to respond to God's instruction, and ready to take a leap of faith, you'll find a new, hope-filled future waiting for you. It's the new normal you've been longing for. Story Behind the Book "I was in the air on September 11, 2001 . More than anything for me, the event served as a wake up call to evangelism," says Briscoe. "I realized the time is short and the days are evilhellip;the Lord is coming soon! So let's seize the day!" Based on a sermon she gave at Elmbrook Church soon after that day etched itself in history, The New Normal speaks to an America in shock, but with a message that is even more pertinent today.
There is a scriptural path toward transformation and growth: the spiritual arts. You could call them qualities or disciplines, but Jill Briscoe shows why they are much more than that. Humility, ministry, generosity, tranquility ? these and others are arts you can practice with patience to experience God more deeply and fully.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.