- Table View
- List View
On a small Caribbean island a woman joins the newest reality TV show: 24/7. For Dana Kirsten, winning the $2 million prize could mean saving her child's life. But while the country is watching her every move, Dana is entering a fight for her own life - and a conflict that will shake the world... Vassa Island has been rigged with remote control cameras, a surveillance satellite system, and the most powerful television transmitter ever created. And that's not all. For a small fee, anyone with a computer can access any of the 638 cameras live, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week - and vote as twelve carefully chosen contestants struggle with each other and the island. But only fifteen minutes into the first live broadcast, the show's host and crew die a ghastly death. The shell-shocked contestants hear a voice echoing from hidden speakers: "I am Control, and this has just become the ultimate reality show. " Suddenly the voice is hurtling contestants through a maze of traps and macabre, individually designed puzzles. And when the worldwide audience votes one person off the island, it isn't just a loss. . . it's death. With every day unveiling a new terror, and as one man from the outside races to crack the Vassa mystery, the only real way to win 24/7 is to find Control. And stop him. But Control has plans beyond the desert island, spinning a dark plot that could hold the entire world hostage in a grip of death.
On the night of a raging electrical storm, a group of teenage boys gathers to bury one of their own . . . alive. It isn't murder, though, because the "victim" is a willing participant, part of a gang-initiation stunt. But even the best-laid plans can go horrifically wrong. Fast-forward twenty-two years: The events of that stormy night are a distant memory. And the boys involved are now respected men in their hometown-- the sheriff, the mayor, a congressman, even a Nobel Prize-winning physicist. Yet in spite of his newfound prestige, Dr. Dean Truman is a haunted man, tied to his town by a personal horror even his old friends know nothing about. But when a mysterious drifter arrives, bringing a wave of grisly and bizarre killings with him, Dean's battle with his conscience will give way to a much more desperate fight: for his sanity, for the survival of his friends and neighbors, and for his own life.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.