- Table View
- List View
Students on Early Years placements face many challenges, from understanding the Early Years Foundation Stage, to coping with the immediate needs of individual children. This accessible guide begins by examining the diverse range of Early Years settings and how to prepare for placements. It goes on to look at the four areas of the EYFS and covers working with individual children, building positive relationships with children, colleagues and parents, creating and working in an enabling environment and supporting children's learning needs. A complete guide to the placement experience, this book supports students on their journey from student to qualified practitioner.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) came into force in September 2008 and established a framework for providing learning, development and care for children from birth to five. This book examines the EYFS within the context of Achieving QTS and is a core text for primary trainees covering this stage of children's learning. It links the principles and commitments of the EYFS with the new standards for QTS while covering all required content. The book examines the continuous nature of learning from birth to five, the inter-relatedness between care, learning and development, and the importance of sensitive transitions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.