- Table View
- List View
Students on Early Years placements face many challenges, from understanding the Early Years Foundation Stage, to coping with the immediate needs of individual children. This accessible guide begins by examining the diverse range of Early Years settings and how to prepare for placements. It goes on to look at the four areas of the EYFS and covers working with individual children, building positive relationships with children, colleagues and parents, creating and working in an enabling environment and supporting children's learning needs. A complete guide to the placement experience, this book supports students on their journey from student to qualified practitioner.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) came into force in September 2008 and established a framework for providing learning, development and care for children from birth to five. This book examines the EYFS within the context of Achieving QTS and is a core text for primary trainees covering this stage of children's learning. It links the principles and commitments of the EYFS with the new standards for QTS while covering all required content. The book examines the continuous nature of learning from birth to five, the inter-relatedness between care, learning and development, and the importance of sensitive transitions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.