- Table View
- List View
The award-winning, chef, restaurateur and cofounder of New York City's Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay, pulls the best and most innovative recipes from his southwestern kitchen for his first book, Bobby Flay's Bold American Food. Herbs and spices dominate his offerings--red pepper-encrusted tuna steak and cilantro pesto quesadilla are just a few examples. While discussing kitchen equipment, techniques and ingredients, Flay promotes full-bodied sauces and makes exciting menu suggestions, all in celebration of the southwest's animated dishes and distinct flavors. The book won the 1995Julia Child Cookbook Award for Design.
Simple and perfect, macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food, a classic dish that's reassuring and familiar, yet, with the addition of a bit of truffle oil or salsa, it kicks into high gear with an unexpected burst of flavor. Now, for the first time in one collection, dozens of well-known chefs, including Bobby Flay, Rocco DiSpirito, Charlie Palmer, David Burke, Matthew Kenney, Katy Sparks, and Rick Bayless, share favorite recipes, from both their childhood memories and their award-winning restaurants. Here are recipes for Macaroni with Wisconsin Asi-ago, Baked Four-Cheese Pasta, Penne with Roquefort, Macaroni and Cheese Croquettes, Green Chile Mac and Cheese, and Chunks of Lobster Swimming in Cheesy Macaroni. While the basic concept of pasta and cheese remains the same, each recipe has its own taste and personality, blending and balancing flavor, texture, and presentation for a bold Mac and Cheese experience. Simple enough for the novice cook yet sophisticated enough to impress the experienced home chef, Macaroni and Cheese is a fun-filled cookbook that will be enjoyed for years to come.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.