- Table View
- List View
People are choosing sides. Stephen Lankford and his cousin, Anna Allerton, are shocked when they see a group of men dump a shipment of tea into the Boston Harbor. Then they overhear a British admiral threaten revenge as a result of this "Tea Party" Soon all of Boston is suffering. Stephen's parents and older brother are Patriots, willing to risk everything to gain independence from England. Anna's parents are Loyalists, who feel honor-bound to support the king. When Stephen's older brother, Will, asks him to spy for the Patriots right in Uncle Cuyler's shop, Stephen is torn. Then Anna discovers what Stephen is doing. Will she report his actions to the British soldiers? And will the approaching War destroy Anna and Stephen's families?
Paul Lankford's father is a stranger to him. Off fighting the Revolutionary War, Paul's father has rarely been home during the past six years. Now that is changing. The fighting is over, America has won, and Paul's father is home. Paul knows he should love his father, but how can he love a person he doesn't even know? He's much more comfortable discussing ships with his Uncle Ethan or playing with his cousin Maggie than he is listening to his own father go on about politics. Paul has tried everything he can think of to make the relationship right, but nothing seems to work. Will America's victory lead to Paul's defeat?
A Currier and Ives Christmas: Four Stories of Love Come to Life from the Canvas of Classic Christmas Artby Lynn A. Coleman Joann A. Grote Diann Mills Deborah Raney
The artistry of renowned lithographers Currier & Ives captures the beauty and nostalgia of simpler days and Christmases past. Yet, while a picture may be worth a thousand words, there are times when even the best illustrations leave viewers with a yearning to know more. Inspired by the classic American art of Currier & Ives, these seasonal love stories delve deep inside the artists' portrayals to imagine and illustrate the untold tales behind each wintry scene. Look beyond the art to discover the heartwarming stories of holiday love of yesteryear in A Currier & Ives Christmas.
Beth isn't happy. The war with the French is over, but everything in Beth Smith's life has changed. Hardly anyone has much money, and Beth's parents have cut way back on buying the things she's used to enjoying. Beth's widowed sister, Mary, has moved in and is working at a dressmakers, so Beth has to take care of her three-year-old nephew instead of playing with her friends. But Beth isn't the only one with problems. Most of her friends lost their fathers in the war, and many of them can't afford to buy food and clothing. Can Beth look beyond her own problems and find a way to help her friends? $5.95
Four new inspirational love stories from days gone by.
Four unabridged inspirational novels in one volume that includes: Hopes That Sings by JoAnn A. Grote; The Promise of Rain by Sally Krueger; Escape on the Wind by Jane LaMunyon; and Lost Creek Mission by Cheryl Tenbrook.
Lamps of Courage: By Dim and Flaring Lamps, Home Fires Burning, A Light in the Night, Beside the Golden Doorby Joann A. Grote Colleen Reece Renee Demarco Janelle Burnham
by dim and flaring lamps Lucy Danielson longs for just two things: to ease pain and suffering alongside her doctor father and to marry Jeremiah Cunningham. But Jere's father wants him to marry a more influential young woman. What paths will Lucy and Jere decide to take when the Civil War erupts? Home Fires Burning Glorie Cunningham thought it would be wonderful to serve her country on the European front during the Great War, but she is assigned at an army hospital in her hometown. Her work seems to be the mundane battle against the flu epidemic-She knows she shouldn't allow it, but she can't fight an attraction to a certain patient suffering effects of mustard gas. Will her heart get irrevocably tangled? A Light in the Night Elisabeth Baker is a Red Cross nurse who doesn't particularly enjoy being called to work for the U.S. Army at a remote post in Labrador. She's hoping for a quick end to the Second World War, and is not allowing herself to get too attached to anyone. Then she meets a Canadian pilot whose gentle friendship tugs at her heart. What if she loses him to the awful war? Beside the Golden Door by Renee DeMarco After three internships, Kiersten Davis will sign up to serve her country in the war-torn areas of the world. Working with drug addiction, alcoholism, and cases of abuse was not in her plans. She makes a very embarrassing judgment call and meets Brett Lewis. Can he help her see a different side to her patients and their circumstances?
Christian romance set in Minnesota during the Spanish-American War period. Sequel to Hold On My Heart which is already on Bookshare.
A fleet of ships fills Boston Harbor. At first Will and Beth Smith are excited to see all the soldiers arriving in Boston Harbor. But that's before their brother-in-law Rob leaves with the troops that will head north to fight the French. Waiting to find out if Rob is still alive, Will faces his own problems. Pranks at school are endangering some of the younger students, and everyone thinks Will is to blame. Will knows that Jeremy Clark is really behind the trouble, but how will he get anyone to believe him?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.