- Table View
- List View
Recipes and useful information for diabetes and weight loss.
Best-known as the creator of Healthy Exchanges ® cookbooks, JoAnna Lund not only turned her own life around with her sensible approach to healthy eating but also helped hundreds of thousands of people do the same. For more than a decade she's been sharing her common-folk wisdom through her many cookbooks, in her newsletter, on QVC, and during personal and media appearances around the country. But JoAnna has survived more than the diet wars. When she was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive form of breast cancer, the lessons that she had been sharing with friends and readers over the years were certainly tested, and none more so than one of her favorite maxims: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. True to form, JoAnna knew that she had to take this lesson one big step further. In the kitchen, it meant whipping up some pretty scrumptious desserts, like her Heavenly Lemon Cream or Luscious Lemon Meringue Pie. In her life and in this book, it meant sharing her candid reflections and recounting the blessings that have kept her going through adversity to triumph. And this is JoAnna's most inspiring collection ever-recipes for support, comfort, and faith, for joy and peace. But most of all, they are recipes for healing and hope.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.