- Table View
- List View
Nutrients, Dietary Supplements, and Nutriceuticals: Cost Analysis Versus Clinical Benefits provides the most current, concise, scientific appraisal and economic analysis (costs vs. benefit) of nutritional supplements and bioactive components (nutriceuticals) of foods in improving the quality of life. It fills a much-needed gap to have a single volume provide a synopsis of cost analysis of dietary supplements and nutritional products as well as therapies for treatment and prevention of disease. Chapters include emerging fields of science and important discoveries relating to early stages of new nutriceuticals in cancer prevention, prior to clinical trials. Written by international and national standing leaders in the field, Nutrients, Dietary Supplements, and Nutriceuticals: Cost Analysis Versus Clinical Benefits is essential reading for nutritionists, pharmacologists, health care professionals, research scientists, cancer workers, pathologists, molecular and cellular biochemists, physicians, general practitioners as well as those interested in diet and nutrition in disease resistance via immune regulation.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.