- Table View
- List View
And The Dead Shall Rise. . . Two hellish years. That's how long it's been since the hurricanes flooded the Gulf Coast, and the dead rose up from the ruins. The cities were quarantined; the infected, contained. Any unlucky survivors were left to fend for themselves. A feast for the dead. And The Living Shall Gather. . . One boatload of refugees manages to make it out alive--but one passenger carries the virus. Within weeks, the zombie epidemic spreads across the globe. Now, retired U. S. Marshal Ed Moore must lead a group of strangers to safety, searching for sanctuary from the dead. A last chance for the living. Let The Battle Begin. In the North Dakota Grasslands, bands of survivors converge upon a single outpost. Run by a self-appointed preacher of fierce conviction--and frightening beliefs--it may be humanity's only hope. But Ed Moore and the others refuse to enter a suicide pact. They'd rather stand and fight in the final battle against the zombies. An apocalypse of the dead. "One of those rare books that starts fast and never ever lets up. . . a rollercoaster ride of action, violence and zombie horror. " --Bram Stoker Award-winning author Jonathan Maberry on Dead City "Gritty suspense. . . You're gonna like this guy. " --Tom Monteleone "A rising star on the horror scene. "--Fearnet. com
"A relentless thrill ride. . . Break out the popcorn you're in for a real treat. "-Harry Shannon author of Dead and GoneTexas? Toast. Battered by five cataclysmic hurricanes in three weeks the Texas Gulf Coast and half of the Lone Star State is reeling from the worst devastation in history. Thousands are dead or dying-but the worst is only beginning. Amid the wreckage something unimaginable is happening: a deadly virus has broken out returning the dead to life-with an insatiable hunger for human flesh. . . The Nightmare BeginsWithin hours the plague has spread all over Texas. San Antonio police officer Eddie Hudson finds his city overrun by a voracious army of the living dead. Along with a small group of survivors Eddie must fight off the savage horde in a race to save his family. . . Hell On EarthThere's no place to run. No place to hide. The zombie horde is growing as the virus runs rampant. Eddie knows he has to find a way to destroy these walking horrors. . . but he doesn't know the price he will have to pay. . . "Hair-raising. Do yourself a favor and snag a copy. . . thank me later. " -Gene O'Neill author of Deathflash "A merciless fast-paced and genuinely scary read that will leave you absolutely breathless. "-Brian Keene
Out of the flooded streets of Houston, they emerge from plague-ridden waters. Dead. Rotting. Hungry...
They Outnumber The Living. . . 25 to 1. Those are the odds of being struck down--and resurrected--by the savage plague that's sweeping the country, forcing survivors to band together against the dead. They're Growing Stronger. . . Even among the living, there is dissention. A new leader known as the Red Man has risen up and taken charge--and he's nearly as dangerous as the hungry dead. Some, like Bob Richardson and his friends, strike out on their own. Because if the men with guns don't get them, the zombies will. They're Getting Smarter. . . Fleeing the cities, Richardson and his crew find sanctuary in an abandoned farm. But their stronghold may not be strong enough. Something strange and terrifying is happening to the undead. They're banding together. Working as a group. Hungering for a common goal: human flesh. And lots of it. Praise for Joe McKinney and His Novels"A merciless, fast-paced and genuinely scary read that will leave you absolutely breathless. " --Bram Stoker Award-winning author Brian Keene on Dead City"A fantastic tale of survival horror that starts with a bang and never lets up. " --Zombiehub. com"A rising star on the horror scene. "--Fearnet. com
A rising star on the horror scene. --Fearnet. com The Voyage BeginsIt starts in a laboratory. A man-made strain of flesh-eating virus. Created by a power-hungry cartel. Capable of turning victims into brain-dead carnivores. Smuggled aboard a cruise ship that's about to set sail. . . The Virus SpreadsOne by one, the passengers are exposed. A U. S. senator. A young couple. An undercover agent. A beautiful assassin. Some will be infected. Others will survive. But no one will be spared if the outbreak isn't contained--and the dead outnumber the living. . . The Corpses RiseEnter Delta Force operative Juan Perez. He's fought the deadliest killers in the darkest hellholes on earth. But he's never seen anything like this--an apocalyptic cargo of pure zombie mayhem heading for the coast. If Perez and his SEAL team can't stop it, America, and quickly the entire population of the world, are finished. The plague years will begin. . . Praise for Joe McKinney's Novels A merciless, fast-paced and genuinely scary read that will leave you absolutely breathless. --Bram Stoker Award-winning author Brian Keene on Dead CityA fantastic tale of survival horror that starts with a bang and never lets up. --Zombiehub. com on Mutated
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.