- Table View
- List View
This is a compelling tract for our times (manifesto) addressed to evangelicals around the English-speaking world from the general director of the Evangelical Alliance. This umbrella group represents evangelical Christians in the United Kingdom and is part of the larger World Evangelical Alliance of 128 national and seven regional alliances including the National Association of Evangelicals in the USA. ?Written in an accessible style this short and readable manifesto issues a prophetic call to help set the agenda for evangelicals to: -Present Christ credibly the 21st century -Rehabilitate term "evangelical" as good news -Engage in spiritual and social transformation The book includes discussion questions to enable classes, groups, and teams to read and discuss the contents of the book. As the church faces challenges and opportunities, this book can serve as a catalyst to move the evangelical church forward to make a difference in the world by fostering spiritual and social transformation.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.