- Table View
- List View
Twelve essays examine popular film in terms of theological, mythological, and ideological criticism. Topics include Christian allegorical structure, angels, and apocalyptic themes in particular films; myths of space aliens and of the "New Frontier"; and how popular films encourage racism, encode class, and construct gender. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc. , Portland, Or.
It is one of the most convincing accounts of communication with the deceased. A gentle religious man, Anderson was almost committed to a state mental hospital at age 16 because of his "visions," but by his 20s, he was helping spirits communicate with friends and relatives still residing on this plane of existence. Approximately 15 percent of the time he's not correct, and this is attributed to mix-ups in human communication or ignorance on the part of the questioner. The information that living folks pass between each other is often relayed or perceived inaccurately, so it seems logical that some perceptive error would occur in communications from the incarnate--particularly since a lot of these are conveyed through images, symbols, and tactile impressions. Anderson's conversations make for an engrossing read not to be missed.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.