- Table View
- List View
Pastor Robinson and his family are traveling from Switzerland to New Guinea when they are shipwrecked somewhere in the far southwestern Pacific Ocean. They remain onboard until the water loosens the planks from the hull, and the vessel is torn apart. The four Robinson children help load the animals and supplies into several small tubs, and one-by-one they make their way to a nearby uninhabited island and establish an elaborate settlement. They labor together diligently to adapt to this new circumstance. They battle pirates and the environment, and also tame many of the island animals to manage the whole into a functional community that they eventually call "New Switzerland. " This fast-paced adventure illustrates how design and skill make it possible to prevail over almost any obstacle.
Each novel, complete in just 80-pages, has been painstakingly adapted to retain the integrity of the original work. Each provides the reader a sense of the author's style and an understanding of the novel's theme.
When a violent storm at sea destroys their ship, the parents and four young sons of the Robinson family make thier way to a deserted island. Far from civilization in the endless South Pacific, the family must learn to do everything -- from finding food to building shelter to protecting themselves from the unknown dangers that constantly beset them. Mostly they learn about loving their new wilderness home and the strength and closeness they find in each other. Adapted by Eliza Gatewood Warren.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.