Do You Have Lift Off? Picture a NASA rocket lifting off, only seconds later to be millions of miles from earth. The force that makes such a feat possible is mind boggling. And it's only a shadow of the power you have access to every day! It's the awe-inspiring power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and it's yours simply because God promises it. John Avant takes a breathtaking look at Philippians 3:10-14, your key to living every moment in the same strength Jesus had as He stepped out of the tomb. The path to authentic power is not easy, but it can be experienced even through the darkest times of raw pain. Discover how to live in God's authentic power as you move toward an incredible future! Open the Floodgates Are you dry? Stuck in a routine? Looking for a boost in a measly cup of java? That's living small. And it's not for you. You were meant to live larger than life. To let God's uncontainable power transform every ounce of who you are. Why? Because when Jesus Christ stepped out of the tomb, He gave you rights to the same power that conquers even death. You can't see or touch it, earn it or achieve it. But you can live it today. How? Discover John Avant's warm storytelling style as he unveils the secret to claiming Christ's incredible power in your life. It's too consuming, too accessible, too real to ever leave you the same. "John Avant's Authentic Power reminds us that the greatest energy crisis in America is the result of the underutilized human soul, originally designed to run on high-octane, Holy Spirit-inspired power. Authentic Power teaches us to not just cope but triumph over life's challenges." Dan Cathy Owner/president, Chick-fil-A Story Behind the Book"After visiting persecuted churches in Vietnam , Belarus , and the Middle East , I was inspired. I saw something I just do not see today in the average American church--something so strong that the best descriptor is that it's supernatural. It's the power that comes from Christ. But I'm amazed that the greatest authentic power I see is wielded by those with the least power in the eyes of this world. Shortly after nearly being killed in the Middle East , I read Philippians 3:10-14 and discovered the words that unveil the secrets of real power. These are the words this book is based upon." --John AvantFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Adventure! Everyone seeks some adventure in life. This book affirms that there is no greater adventure than to allow God to live in every aspect of life. Believe that God will influence your relationships with friends and family. Discover the difference you will see in your marriage. Move your faith beyond a mere intellectual pursuit and into the real world! d. If they do, Pastor Avant wants readers to consider what life would be like if they lived as if they believed in God. He advocates for the pursuit of a new Jesus movement that resembles Christ's original followers--followers who were so steadfastly devoted to Him that their every action reflected His glory. With If God Were Real, readers will embark on an adventure of discovery of the real God and a life lived in praise of Him.
When we settle for our own dreams, we settle for too little. God promises "to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" in each of our lives (Eph. 3:20, NIV). John Avant shares true stories of God's passion touching lives around the world and helps readers discern God's dreams for themselves - challenging them to put an end to boring living. As readers see God's passionate adventure lived out all around them every day, they'll eagerly accept His invitation to be a part of it - to live a life beyond their imagination!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.