- Table View
- List View
In this work for leaders of teams and organizations in the public and private sector, Baldoni, a leadership educator, considers special topics germane to organizational leadership in the post-recession era, when leaders and employees need to learn to cope with ambiguity and uncertainty. The author draws on interviews with 15 leaders from many different types of organizations, such as health systems, higher education, and technology, and on a 2010 leadership survey conducted for the American Management Association by NFI Research, which surveyed 1,100 people. With ideas founded on principles of positive organizational behavior, the author offers suggestions for cultivating creativity and collaboration, encouraging accountability, taking risks, and developing new leaders. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
A leader's most important job is to communicate. Every day, whether in a meeting or a presentation, a water-cooler conversation or a formal speech, his or her ability to craft and deliver a clear message, one the audience will believe, is the tipping point between forgettable and transformational. ' The Leader's Guide to Speaking with Presence ' is a concise tool kit containing more than 100 practical tips for creating and communicating meaningful messages with presence and authority. Readers will discover how to: - Present their ideas clearly and provide context - Radiate confidence and put the audience at ease - Refine their delivery - Use stories to inform, involve, and inspire - Leverage the energy of any room - Convey optimism tempered with reality to gain buy-in - Turn PowerPoint presentations into performances - And more To be truly effective, a leader's words need to ring true, and his or herdelivery needs to be authentic. This handy little guide helps readers achieve the kind of genuine presence that leads to lasting trust and quantifiable influence.
Before you can lead others, you must learn to lead yourself. Yet those tasked with leadership roles must discover what their people - and their companies - respond to as they go. The Leader's Pocket Guide provides readers with concise, on-the-job expertise to inspire and direct them on their professional journey. Organized into three easy-reference sections - Self, Colleagues, and Organization - the book supplies readers with tactical tips on how to: * Deliver Inspiration * Demonstrate character * Develop confidence * Communicate with authority * Think critically * Foster innovation * Connect with others * Resolve conflicts * Add buzz to their leadership brand * Coach for development * Recognize achievement * Instill company-wide purpose * Deal with adversity Augmented by up-to-date research on the role of leaders and the expectations followers have for them, this pithy, powerful, and portable guide contains energizing action tips, self-assessments, and "Think About. . . " sections to spur readers on to reach continuously greater heights of leadership excellence.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.