- Table View
- List View
What's the secret to living a truly extraordinary life? John Bolin goes straight to the source for a Christ-inspired approach to personal growth and leadership development. Based on Luke 2:52, The Call to Greatness helps readers develop in the same ways that Jesus did: mentally, physically, spiritually and socially. Bolin has included a step-by-step program that allows readers to begin putting the principles into practice and achieve greater influence for God. A balanced and meaningful life is within reach!From the Trade Paperback edition.
In this evangelistic book, John Bolin follows a fiction-meets-nonfiction approach to lead readers to a surprising encounter with Jesus-as they ponder the reality of heaven and how to get there. The Two Doors of Heaven begins with an extended story of Jack, a guy next door kind of person who is killed in a freak accident while sitting at a coffee shop. He awakes in the afterlife and is taken on a journey toward his moment of judgment before God. Along the way he meets several people who help him unravel life's meaning. The second part of the book is like a personal conversation with the author. Bolin anticipates the questions and reflections readers have and helps them explore the real issues faced in regard to the two doors of heaven. "Every one of us has a reason- for what we do, for where we end up." Journey with a man named Jack to the other side of eternity. After dying in a freak accident, he enters the afterlife with four others. In this new, hyper-real existence, they each see a vivid replay of their lives, complete with answers to haunting questions. Then comes the startling truth about what happens next. Two doors appear. One leads up. The other down. Which will it be? Jack's inevitable destiny echoes the choices he made on earth. What if you could control where you're headed? Maybe you can find out what the two doors of heaven reveal for you.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.