- Table View
- List View
For 50 years the debate over high-protein, low-fat, and high-carbohydrate diets has confused the American people. Each diet is backed by convincing scientific research indicating that it is the best and only way to lose weight. But how can they all be right? The answer is astonishingly simple. Each one is right, but for only four months of the year! The secret to making these diets work together for a lifetime is to use each one in the appropriate season as designed by nature: low fat in the spring, high carbohydrates in the summer, and high protein (and fat) in the winter. The beauty of fitness and diet expert John Douillard's system is that now, for the first time, the body's cravings actually support both a weight-loss diet and a way-of-life diet. Given the opportunity provided byThe 3-Season Diet, our desires readily align with foods that nature has provided for thousands of years at the time when they are naturally harvested. In winter we crave soups, nuts, warm grains, and other high-fat and protein foods such as fish and meat. In spring we want salads, berries, and leafy greens, a naturally low-fat diet. And in summer, when long days and outdoor activities require high energy, we desire fruits, vegetables, starches, and other high-carbohydrate foods. John Douillard has derived his revolutionary 3-season diet from a 5,000-year-old traditional medical system, adjusting it to fit our modern lifestyles. Information on body types, fat-burning exercises, stress-reduction and weight-balancing techniques, recipes, and food alternatives all support the reader in makingThe 3-Season Dietan easily sustainable way of life that lets you look and feel better than you've ever imagined.
Five thousand years old, Ayurvedic massage has been shown to still the mind and body by lowering metabolic rates and inspiring feelings of peace and calm. Often administered as a part of a three-, five-, or seven-day program, these treatments are an integral part of deep cleansing, rejuvenation, and life-extension Ayurvedic programs called panchakarma or kya kalpa. This book by a noted practitioner features more than 15 of these treatments, each described in step-by-step detail and some synchronized with two therapists for up to two hours in length. It provides the reader with all the tools necessary to begin Ayurvedic treatments as a part of a spa menu or massage therapy program.
According to Ayurveda, an ancient Hindu science, health is a state of balance among the body, mind, senses and soul. This book shows specific ways to promote children's health and well-being using Ayurvedic principles. Douillard explains how to identify the signs of imminent illness, how to make the home chemical and allergen free, and how to stock a "Lazy Susan" of useful natural medicines. Appendices provide shopping lists and a directory of national health providers. Perfect Health for Kids is an accessible, illustrated guide that provides highly effective health maintenance for children.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.