- Table View
- List View
The ninth edition of Martin's (U. of Texas at Austin) and Clark's (U. of Cincinnati) textbook features updated material throughout the text, including more detailed discussions of recent objective measures; new material on licensing/certification, outcome measures, and evidence-based practice; a revised discussion of the rapidly evolving measures of auditory evoked potentials; and separate discussions of pediatric and adult hearing aid selection/verification and hearing loss management.
This comprehensive, well-organized introduction to hearing and balance disorders gives students a number of vital tools to help them better understand, retain, and analyze the material. Introduction to Audiology, 12/e by Martin and Clark continues to update the material to keep content current with recent research, while retaining and improving a user-friendly approach to the topics and an abundance of how-to information which shows the rewarding, fascinating aspects of a career in audiology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.