- Table View
- List View
With an innovative approach that uses projects and student exploration as key learning tools, Engineering Design: An Introduction offers an overview of the basic engineering principles and concepts that shape today's modern world. These concepts are presented in a flexible, two-part format. Part I describes the process of engineering and technology product design, while Part II develops specific skill sets needed to understand and participate in the process. Opportunities to experiment and learn abound, with projects ranging from technical drawing to designing electrical systems and more. With this emphasis on project-based learning, the book is an ideal supplement to Project Lead the Way's innovative series of project-based curricula designed to increase student interest in engineering careers. Engineering Design's broad scope and sound coverage of the essential concepts and techniques used in engineering design making it the perfect addition to any curriculum.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.