- Table View
- List View
Experiential Learning enables educators, trainers, coaches and facilitators to unleash some of the more potent ingredients of learning through experience. It presents a simple model: the Learning Combination Lock, which illustrates the wide range of factors that can be altered to enhance the learning experience. The theory is brought to life with hundreds of examples from around the world and covers issues such as: experience and intelligence; facilitation, good practice and ethics; learning environments; experiential learning activities; and working with the senses and emotions. Experiential Learning offers the skills that can be successfully applied to a variety of settings including management education, corporate training, team-building, youth-development work, counselling and therapy, schools and higher education and special needs training. This fully updated third edition includes guidance for coaches, cutting edge new material on sensory intelligence and updated models, tools and case studies throughout.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.