A team of once-deadly government assassins led by Paul Bannerman has "retired" in the quiet, affluent town of Westport, Connecticut. All Bannerman and his people want is a normal life--but there are those who refuse to live and let live. The Bannerman Effect Former assassin Paul Bannerman knows that keeping a low profile is essential, but when he fell in love with the daughter of a legendary New York City cop, he broke his own unspoken rule. When Susan Lesko's life is threatened, the last of Bannerman's objectivity is shattered. Worst of all, his rage could blind Bannerman to an even graver threat that is operating in the shadows. The same covert government agency that disowned Bannerman and his people now plans to use them to test an experimental computer program designed to destroy criminal networks through strategically selected assassinations. The spooks have chosen Paul Bannerman and his operatives to be the guinea pigs in a potentially catastrophic experiment.
Paul Bannerman was once his nation's deadliest weapon -- a top covert operative heading up the most lethal group of contract agents and network specialists in all of Europe. Now Bannerman is a liability -- an unpredictable loose cannon that could irreparably damage America's shaky intelligence structure, if he chose to. So the decision has come down from the top: Bannerman and his people must be eliminated. But Bannerman has other plans.
The development of unstoppable viral weapons is reassuring in at least one regard: It has threatened and angered Paul Bannerman.
Carla Benedict's sister has been murdered. Carla goes to L.A. to bury and, likely, revenge her sister. Bannerman and his fellow retired operatives soon follow to support and control Carla.
Paul Bannerman and his band of (not so retired) operatives go to Moscow and hit back hard. Sequel to Bannerman's Law.
Michael Fallon has it all: devoted friends and family, a beautiful fiancee, and a great career. But a series of inexplicable and violent events begins to rob him of everything he loves. First the man who raised him is brutally murdered. A few days later, Michael's fiancee is gunned down during a convenience store hold-up. Finally he is fired from his job with no explanation. And now it seems strangers are trying to kill him. Fleeing to the island of Martha's Vineyard, Michael hopes for a new beginning-and possibly even a new love with the enigmatic Megan Cole. But little does he know that his entire life has been built on lies-and a vast conspiracy of corruption. And his pursuers are about to strike again. ...
After years of government service, at age thirty-four, Adam Whistler wants out. But the job he covertly performs for his country is not the kind they let you walk away from.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.