- Table View
- List View
The Algebra 1/2 course focuses on introductory algebra topics. It is designed to facilitate your transition from the concrete concepts of arithmetic to the abstract concepts of algebra. One feature of Algebra 1/2 that you will find particularly useful is the lesson reference numbers in the problem sets. Beneath each problem number in the problem sets is a number in parentheses; this number refers to the lesson where the concepts and skills required to solve the problem are introduced. Should you have difficulty solving a particular problem, refer to the appropriate lesson for assistance.
The book contains daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson begins with practice of basic number facts and mental math that will improve speed, accuracy, and ability of students to do math. The pattern and problem-solving activities give practice using strategies that help solve more complicated problems. Practice problems focus on the topic of each lesson. Following each lesson is a problem set that reviews the day-to-day learning skills. Investigations are variations of the daily lesson.
Addition is the combining of two groups into one group. For addition example, when we count the dots on the top faces of a pair of dot cubes (dice), we are adding.
This book is made up of daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson has four parts. The first part is a Warm-Up that includes practice of basic facts and mental math. The second part of the lesson introduces a new mathematical concept and presents examples that use the concept. Third one, the Lesson Practice helps solve problems involving the new concept. The final part is the Mixed Practice which reviews previously taught concepts and solving the problems set gives much benefit to students.
This book was written to help you learn mathematics and to learn it well. For this to happen, you must use the book properly. As you work through the pages, you will see that similar problems are presented over and over again. Solving each problem day after day is the secret to success. This book is made up of daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson has four parts. The first part is a Warm-Up that includes practice of basic facts and mental math.
This book contains word problems that are often drawn from everyday experiences. It's also made up of daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson has four parts. The first part is a Warm-Up that includes practice of basic facts and mental math.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.