- Table View
- List View
In this practical book, family counselor and best-selling author Gary Smalley, with John Trent, reveals a simple yet profound plan for a marriage of depth, warmth, and excitement. Guide your marriage for a lifetime by learning how to make your spouse feel truly honored, keep courtship alive, rebuild trust, and become best friends with your family. According to Smalley, good marriages are no accident. And deciding to love--in the practical ways outlined here--can result in relationships that are tougher than tough times.
Animals teach personality traits and how to respect individuals for who they are. The four animals in this story came out of the personality section we teach in our "Love Is a Decision" seminars, based on our book The Two Sides of Love. Not only do we want children to begin to learn the different personality characteristics, but it is also our deep desire to help parents begin to recognize and highly value even their very young children's unique, God-given bents. It was our good friend Chuck Swindoll who first pointed out to us how the familiar Proverb "Train up a child in the way he should go ..." should best be translated. The way it actually reads in Hebrew is "Train up a child according to his bent ...." We hope that by using four animals to describe the four basic personality types, we have helped you to see more clearly your child's "bent." And for you to help your child learn more about his own personality strengths, we've included a brief personality checklist for the two of you to do together. Limited picture descriptions present.
It seems hard to believe that an entire year has passed since the four best friend's last great adventure in The Treasure Tree. Now it is time to enjoy another birthday. This year Owl's present will take the friends on two different trails where they will learn that love, courage, prayer, and caring acts can build a bridge across their differences and help them love each other like best friends, as God's friends should. Picture descriptions present
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.