- Table View
- List View
In a world where so many boys and girls grow up deprived of their father's love, we see the repercussions of this depravation in the individual lives of these children and in society as a whole. The Miracle in a Daddy's Hug has a two-fold meaning: It's about the child who is a miracle full of miracles, and it's about the miracle-producing power of a daddy wrapping his arms, words, and heart around his child. This easy to read and understand book shares seven components of the miracle in a daddy's hug: First it examines the miracle of the child and the dad. Then, it looks at the value of touch, words, time, love, and faith. This book helps parents understand their children, it provides vision and strategies for both moms and dads, and it builds confidence in every dad that he can raise miracles called children.
It's a boy! New mothers welcome this announcement with both excitement and trepidation. It's the beginning of a great adventure, as well as one of the most challenging jobs a woman can face. Moms, your desire to understand your son can equip you with the power to influence his life for good, thereby influencing his family and generations to come. God made you this little boy's mom on purpose! And with John Burns's experienced help in this book, you can learn not only to endure it but to celebrate it. It's a girl! Those three little words create a rush of joy and anticipation for every new dad -- typically followed by a healthy dose of fear and apprehension. Dads, from God you can learn the qualities and characteristics that will make you the kind of dad your daughter needs you to be -- and the kind of dad God always intended you to become. And with Helen Burns's gentle advice about girls, it may be easier than you think. Join us now as we celebrate the divine differences in sons and daughters. Learn to be gentle, loving, and understanding dads and moms from the wise and gracious Father of us all.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.