- Table View
- List View
This book introduces the techniques, equipment, rules, and safety requirements of baseball.
Cheerleading is a fast-growing sport that's based on teamwork, gymnastics skills, daring stunts, thrilling dances, and--of course--crowd-rousing cheers.
This book introduces basic cycling skills, equipment selection and maintenance, styles of cycling, and important safety guidelines.
Football in Action scores a touchdown for one of North America's biggest sports. Children will learn about the positions on the football field, rules, proper equipment, and the importance of safety.
In-line Skating in Action gives kids the inside track on a sport that refuses to stand still! Invented as a way for hockey players to stay fit in summer, in-line skates are now used for street hockey, racing, and even stunning tricks performed in midair.
This book describes various forms of lacrosse, scoring, rules, skills, and tips for playing the sport of lacrosse.
Skateboarding in Action shows kids how to get moving! What began as a way for surfers to practice on land has become one of North America's most popular sports.
People enjoy swimming for exercise and as a fun recreational activity. Swimming in Action will inform kids about the basic strokes and techniques plus highlight a few games. This book describes the basic strokes, skills, competition, and important safety information for the sport of swimming.
This book covers the history, rules, skills, and scoring of tennis, for children.
What is a bump, a volley, a serve, or a spike? These questions and more are answered in Volleyball in Action. Children will love learning about the history of this energetic sport, the necessary equipment, and basic rules of play.
Many people today associate wrestling with flashy costumes, outrageous tricks, and larger-than-life characters. The actual sport of wrestling is a prestigious one that goes back thousands of years. Offers a brief introduction to the history, techniques, equipment, and rules of wrestling, a sport that began thousands of years ago and was part of the first Olympic games.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.