- Table View
- List View
This is an early book by the recent creator of the continuation of Roger Zelazny's Amber universe.
This is the second book in the New Amber Trilogy and focuses mostly on Chaos.
At the end of the second cycle of Amber books, there were hints that Dworkin played a much more pivotal role in the emergence of Amber than might have been guessed. The father of the nine princes of Amber is also a fascinating character about whom we know very little. Now, in a New Amber Trilogy, John Gregory Betancourt offers us a vision of how Amber came to be and how Amber and Chaos interacted.
The Hortas of Janus VI are the greatest miners in the galaxy, capable of burning through solid rock the way humanoids move through air. Recruited to help rebuild Bajor's devastated mining industry, the Hortas could provide new hope for the planet's struggling economy. But when Cardassian raiders abduct the Mother Horta, Commander Sisko finds himself stuck with twenty Horta eggs -- and then the eggs begin to hatch... While Major Kira leads a desperate rescue mission deep into Cardassian space, Commander Sisko faces a ravaging mass of newborn Hortas -- uncontrollable, indestructible, and eager to consume Deep Space Nine itself!
Like a strand of mutating DNA, a deadly conspiracy winds its way through the Alpha Quadrant, even as it stretches across several years of Starfleet history. This special omnibus volume contains the entire bestselling saga-by some of Star Trek's most popular authors:Book One: InfectionJohn Gregory BetancourtDeanna Troi's life is endangered by a mysterious plague that threatens to spread throughout the Federation and beyond! Book Two: VectorsDean Wesley Smith & Kristine Kathryn Rusch On the Cardassian space station known as Terok Nor, Dr. Katherine Pulaski struggles to heal the planet Bajor! Book Three: Red Sector Diane Carey An elderly Dr. McCoy reunites with Ambassador Spock to save the Romulan royal family-and a new generation! Book Four: Quarantine John Vornholt Lieutenant Tom Riker joins forces with the outlaw Maquis to rescue a world in peril! Book Five: Double or Nothing Peter David Along with Captain Mackenzie Calhoun of the Starship Excalibur, Jean-Luc Picard tracks the deadly contagion to its source! Book Six: The First Virtue Michael Jan Friedman & Christie Golden Years before commanding the U. S. S. Enterprise, a young Picard must prevent a war -- and witness the secret origin of a diabolical threat that would someday menace all he cares for!
While a crucial peace conference fills Deep Space NineTM with rumors of intrigue and conspiracy, Major Kira and Lt. Commander Worf embark on a dangerous undercover mission deep into the heart of the Gamma Quadrant. Their mission: to find the secret of the addictive substance that the Changelings use to control their Jem'Hadar warriors. But how long can Worf and Kira remain undetected in the midst of the Dominion? Odo may be their only hope; but to save them, he'll have to stand against his own people.
Tracking a shuttle's distress signal to the nearly deserted Arbuk System, the U.S.S. Voyager crew encounters an unusual weapon a thousand times more powerful than the Starship. Inside the shuttle, the crew discovers an unconscious alien and no more information about the device. Captain Janeway and her crew are attacked by a group of mysterious warships with an interest in the weapon's power. With warp power off line, the crew of the Starship Voyager must find a way to save themselves from a group of aliens desperate to control the superweapon.
Like the twisted strands of mutant chromosomes, an insidious alien conspiracy winds its way through the entire Alpha Quadrant, just as it stretches acrossseveral years of Starfleet history -- beginning near the very start of Captain Picard's command of the Starship Enterprise !It is only the first year of the U. S. S. Enterprise -D's ongoing mission when a virulent epidemic strikes the populace of Archaria III, endangering the lives of thousands and provoking acts of mob violence against those believed responsible for the spread of the disease. While Data and Natasha Yar team up to uncover the true origins of the virus, Dr. Crusher finds that the implacable sickness resists all her efforts to find a cure. The desperate quest for a cure becomes even more urgent when Deanna Troi succumbs to the dreaded plague. . . again and again.
After his previous three books, Betancourt continues the story of Corwin's father in this new book.
In this third volume of the series, Oberon and Dworkin create the pattern that creates Amber and build the relationship with Chaos that will operate for the future.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.