- Table View
- List View
A team of once-deadly government assassins led by Paul Bannerman has "retired" in the quiet, affluent town of Westport, Connecticut. All Bannerman and his people want is a normal life--but there are those who refuse to live and let live. The Bannerman Effect Former assassin Paul Bannerman knows that keeping a low profile is essential, but when he fell in love with the daughter of a legendary New York City cop, he broke his own unspoken rule. When Susan Lesko's life is threatened, the last of Bannerman's objectivity is shattered. Worst of all, his rage could blind Bannerman to an even graver threat that is operating in the shadows. The same covert government agency that disowned Bannerman and his people now plans to use them to test an experimental computer program designed to destroy criminal networks through strategically selected assassinations. The spooks have chosen Paul Bannerman and his operatives to be the guinea pigs in a potentially catastrophic experiment.
Paul Bannerman was once his nation's deadliest weapon -- a top covert operative heading up the most lethal group of contract agents and network specialists in all of Europe. Now Bannerman is a liability -- an unpredictable loose cannon that could irreparably damage America's shaky intelligence structure, if he chose to. So the decision has come down from the top: Bannerman and his people must be eliminated. But Bannerman has other plans.
The development of unstoppable viral weapons is reassuring in at least one regard: It has threatened and angered Paul Bannerman.
Carla Benedict's sister has been murdered. Carla goes to L.A. to bury and, likely, revenge her sister. Bannerman and his fellow retired operatives soon follow to support and control Carla.
Paul Bannerman and his band of (not so retired) operatives go to Moscow and hit back hard. Sequel to Bannerman's Law.
Michael Fallon has it all: devoted friends and family, a beautiful fiancee, and a great career. But a series of inexplicable and violent events begins to rob him of everything he loves. First the man who raised him is brutally murdered. A few days later, Michael's fiancee is gunned down during a convenience store hold-up. Finally he is fired from his job with no explanation. And now it seems strangers are trying to kill him. Fleeing to the island of Martha's Vineyard, Michael hopes for a new beginning-and possibly even a new love with the enigmatic Megan Cole. But little does he know that his entire life has been built on lies-and a vast conspiracy of corruption. And his pursuers are about to strike again. ...
After years of government service, at age thirty-four, Adam Whistler wants out. But the job he covertly performs for his country is not the kind they let you walk away from.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.