- Table View
- List View
The Algebra 1/2 course focuses on introductory algebra topics. It is designed to facilitate your transition from the concrete concepts of arithmetic to the abstract concepts of algebra. One feature of Algebra 1/2 that you will find particularly useful is the lesson reference numbers in the problem sets. Beneath each problem number in the problem sets is a number in parentheses; this number refers to the lesson where the concepts and skills required to solve the problem are introduced. Should you have difficulty solving a particular problem, refer to the appropriate lesson for assistance.
The book contains daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson begins with practice of basic number facts and mental math that will improve speed, accuracy, and ability of students to do math. The pattern and problem-solving activities give practice using strategies that help solve more complicated problems. Practice problems focus on the topic of each lesson. Following each lesson is a problem set that reviews the day-to-day learning skills. Investigations are variations of the daily lesson.
Addition is the combining of two groups into one group. For addition example, when we count the dots on the top faces of a pair of dot cubes (dice), we are adding.
This book is made up of daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson has four parts. The first part is a Warm-Up that includes practice of basic facts and mental math. The second part of the lesson introduces a new mathematical concept and presents examples that use the concept. Third one, the Lesson Practice helps solve problems involving the new concept. The final part is the Mixed Practice which reviews previously taught concepts and solving the problems set gives much benefit to students.
This book was written to help you learn mathematics and to learn it well. For this to happen, you must use the book properly. As you work through the pages, you will see that similar problems are presented over and over again. Solving each problem day after day is the secret to success. This book is made up of daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson has four parts. The first part is a Warm-Up that includes practice of basic facts and mental math.
This book contains word problems that are often drawn from everyday experiences. It's also made up of daily lessons and investigations. Each lesson has four parts. The first part is a Warm-Up that includes practice of basic facts and mental math.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.