- Table View
- List View
In this practical book, family counselor and best-selling author Gary Smalley, with John Trent, reveals a simple yet profound plan for a marriage of depth, warmth, and excitement. Guide your marriage for a lifetime by learning how to make your spouse feel truly honored, keep courtship alive, rebuild trust, and become best friends with your family. According to Smalley, good marriages are no accident. And deciding to love--in the practical ways outlined here--can result in relationships that are tougher than tough times.
Animals teach personality traits and how to respect individuals for who they are. The four animals in this story came out of the personality section we teach in our "Love Is a Decision" seminars, based on our book The Two Sides of Love. Not only do we want children to begin to learn the different personality characteristics, but it is also our deep desire to help parents begin to recognize and highly value even their very young children's unique, God-given bents. It was our good friend Chuck Swindoll who first pointed out to us how the familiar Proverb "Train up a child in the way he should go ..." should best be translated. The way it actually reads in Hebrew is "Train up a child according to his bent ...." We hope that by using four animals to describe the four basic personality types, we have helped you to see more clearly your child's "bent." And for you to help your child learn more about his own personality strengths, we've included a brief personality checklist for the two of you to do together. Limited picture descriptions present.
It seems hard to believe that an entire year has passed since the four best friend's last great adventure in The Treasure Tree. Now it is time to enjoy another birthday. This year Owl's present will take the friends on two different trails where they will learn that love, courage, prayer, and caring acts can build a bridge across their differences and help them love each other like best friends, as God's friends should. Picture descriptions present
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.